Guaranteed fragrance free and with no additives, the White Marseille Soap Flakes are recommended for a gentle and efficient wash of all textiles, in particular fragile items (baby clothes, wool, silk, lace etc.). Biodegradable, phosphate free, palm oil free, and made with oleic sunflower oil, this laundry staple is made in the traditional process of soap making,cooked in a cauldron, in Salon de Provence.
*This one box of laundry soap can wash 250 loads of laundry!
Here's how to prepare your laundry detergent for the washing machine:
- In a 1 liter empty bottle, add 30g of soap flakes
- pour very hot water on the soap flakes, to melt them (start with approximately 200ml)
- shake well
- pour in an additional 200 ml of very hot water
- shake well
- let stand if necessary, then top up again with very hot water to reach 1 liter of detergent.
- A phase shift can occur in laundry detergent, due to its natural formula. You just need to shake the bottle vigorously to mix well again.
- Now it's time to tackle your load of laundry. For each load, add 100 ml (3.38 oz) of liquid laundry soap into the detergent compartment of your washing machine or into a dosing ball placed directly in the drum. Please refer to your machine's user's manual. Do not exceed the indicated dose to avoid overabundant foam/later.
Over time, if you prepare your laundry mixture in advance, it will thicken. You just have to add hot water and shake it, to dilute it again.
HINTS: Recommended for delicate clothing, baby linen, as well as for people suffering from skin irritations. If your water is hard, add a cupful of white vinegar in the fabric conditioner compartment at regular intervals. For a scented fragrance, add a few drops of essential oil to your washing liquid (e.g. lavender, tea-tree or citrus). For a whiter than white effect, add a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda or a small handful of soda crystals